Recoja @ Barcamp Pune June 18, 2006Posted by rajAT in barcamp, barcamppune, media, media2.0, tags, web2.0.
Anand and Shodan presented an interesting idea. They are trying to provide tags insite the page. So what does that mean is – If you are reading your notes on the internet. You can tag certain lines of text with the tag-important. So before the exam you click on the tag important and all the important lines from all of your notes came up in front of you. Sounds kool. It is a very natural for humans to do this. We all highlight,underline the lines in our text books. This is digital highlighting. Now as you can tag it – it has become all the more convenient as the content can be retrieved very easily.
Few reasons why this can be big –
1. It micro-chunks the content, hence micromedia gets created.
2. Attention is getting scarce and it helps in allocating the scarce attention to relevant micromedia hence more value is generated for the consumer.
3. It makes it plastic and atomized media can be remixed and tweaked.
4. Plasticity makes it more personal and allows unbundling and rebundling of it.
5. It is hypertargeted and micro diffrentiated and that makes it valuable
Finally, I am begginning to get some Haquism. 😀