Blogging for a global audience September 10, 2006Posted by rajAT in blogcamp, blogcampindia, indiablogcamp.
Rajesh Shetty on blogging for a global audience.
1. ROII – return on investment on interaction. If someone is coming on to your blog make his time worthwhile.
2. No Indian blogger syndrome – First we are bloggers than we are indian bloggers.
3. Getting hits from lots of countries. Is it indian in other countries or is it others who are reading your blog.
4. Guy Kawasaki – Everybody knows how to get into blogs. My dog can start a blog now.
5. Aim for quality traffic.
6. Caring for concerns.
7. Participate in global conversation. Make other bloggers succeed. What can I do to increase the value of other blogs. Link love.
8. Focus – Free to express your views. But do think about your readers. They are spending time on your blog.
9. Increase the timeless content on your blog. Go to old posts are they still relevant. 90% of your posts should be relevant from 3 years from now.
10 Personal branding for tech geeks.
2. LInks without context.
3. News without perspective.
4. Local jargon.
5. Too much of self promotion.